The Senior Systems / Support Engineer will perform all aspects of support related to the daily computing needs of a variety of customers. You will be expected to engage with customers at all levels of troubleshooting and relationship management. Your assistance will be required on our own internal and cloud hosting systems. This will not always be a nine to five job; there will be off-hours calls and coverage. He/she will provide consulting and support in person, by phone, and e-mail. There is travel involved in this position and you may be required to be onsite at a variety of customers in the New England area but primarily in Boston and Metro west.
- Diagnose and resolve computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner.
- Accurately record such requests into the help system.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot hardware, including servers, switches, SAN, desktops, laptops, peripherals, network and VOIP equipment.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot software packages, including operating systems, desktop software and custom applications.
- Provide consultative advice to clients to include the architecting of IT solutions, recommendations around software, hardware and best practices.
- Provide top tier level support for networking and application issues; escalate complex problems to the appropriate groups or staff.
- Develop procedures, proposals, plans, and guidelines for various areas of operations within the group; initiate their implementation.
- Record, track and maintain equipment inventory.
- Learn and grow with us
- Be a dynamic, flexible and valuable team member
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred.
- 4 years IT experience
- 2 years Linux experience
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- A desire to work in a highly technical role that will grow as you grow.
- A genuine love of technology
- A willingness to learn new technology and to understand that this listing will never encompass your whole job
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be willing to travel occasionally and work off hours
- Working knowledge of wide variety of technical products and services
- Knowledge of networking topology and protocols.
- VMware, Scripting, VOIP skills are a bonus
We are growing technology provider and integrator supplying cloud hosting, managed services and consulting to wide array of customers. Our team is small enough where each person is integral to our continued success. We like holiday parties and backyard BBQs, we like virtualization and beer.